Welcome to the Department of Haematology, part of the School of Clinical Medicine in the University of Cambridge.
Below you can find key information on Training, Forms, Useful links and Benefits.
- Equality and Diversity training: Please could you complete the Equality and Diversity Essentials online training course found here. The University strongly encourage that this course is completed and we do send out quarterly reminders to those that have not completed the course.
- Personal and Professional Development: Here you can find courses and programmes that you are interested in, many of which are free.
- Prevent training: Another online training course that the University encourages is Prevent training. The training can be accessed here (You will need to click through the link mid way through the page which will take you to Moodle. Please then click under ‘Currently available’ a. Prevent Module 1 An introduction to the Prevent Duty online). Again we send out quarterly reminders for those that have not completed this course also.
- Annual Leave form & allowance: The annual leave year runs from 1st October – 30th September. Please click here for this year’s annual leave form. Each time you would like to book annual leave please complete the form and ask your line manager to sign it off. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your annual leave allowance and for info on how to submit the form.
- Sickness form: If you are unwell and won’t be attending work, please notify your line manager as soon as possible by phone or email. Upon your return to work please complete a CHRIS62 ‘Sickness Self Certificate’ form and send this to email@example.com or via post to Haematology HR (CIMR building, room 5.6). If your absence is longer than 7 calendar days you will be required to provide a medical certificate from a doctor.
- Employee Self Service: Here you can view your payslips (the pay date is the 26th of each month), update your personal information such as your contact details, emergency contacts as well as other information. To login please click here.
- Lookup: the University lookup service, found here, contains contact details of everybody in the University. If there is an email or telephone number that you are trying to get hold of then this is a good place to check.
- Clinical School Computing Service, New Starter Guide: The following link holds various IT guides which include how to set up emails on mobile devices, wireless access, installing software and much more.
- Clinical School Newsletter: The Clinical School newsletter contains all the latest Research news and developments from the Clinical School departments and is well worth subscribing to if you want to be kept up to date. Click here to subscribe.
- Cambridge Biomedical Campus sitemap: There may be times when you need to go to other departments/buildings onsite so the following map may come in useful: Sitemap
- Room Booking: During your employment you may need to book a room for yourself or someone else. Information on how to book rooms according to the main 3 buildings can be found here.
- Pensions: You will be auto-enrolled into a University pension scheme according to which staff category you are in (USS for Research and Academic-Related, CPS for Assistant). Full pension details can be found here.
- Privacy notice: Information about how the University of Cambridge uses and stores your data can be found here.
- Cambens: CAMbens Discounts is a shopping discounts scheme for University of Cambridge employees. There are more than 2,000 participating stores, which means you can save money on a wide range of household expenses, from groceries and clothes, to holidays and insurance and much more. The scheme gives you access to online and telephone discounts, cash back on online purchases and discounted vouchers and reloadable cards to use in store.
- NUS extra: As a staff member of the University of Cambridge, you are entitled to purchase an NUS card for £12, for use at thousands of high street, online stores, eateries, subscriptions and various other channels. Details of how to purchase a card can be found here: As a staff member of the University of Cambridge, you are entitled to purchase an NUS card for £12, for use at thousands of high street, online stores, eateries, subscriptions and various other channels. Details on how to purchase a card can be found here. This link also has details of a host of other University discounts available to you.
New to Cambridge/UK
If you are new to Cambridge, or even new to the UK the following webpages might be of use to you. They provide information on things to do, getting around, maps, accommodation, bank accounts, healthcare, tax, laws, and television, telephone & internet.
The full Clinical School induction pack
Please take a browse the full Clinical School induction pack on this link and look at any of the documents that interest you.
If you have any questions on the above information please feel free to contact HR on firstname.lastname@example.org.