Position(s): Principal Investigator, University of Cambridge Department of Haematology.
University Chair, Corpus Christi College, Cambridge.
Honorary Professor at the Medical University of South China.
Tel.: +44 (0)1223 588 050
Devoted to the molecular study of blood borne viruses significant in blood safety and transfusion medicine. We are an international multidisciplinary team with skills covering all aspects of molecular biology, epidemiology, phylogeny, immunology, cellular and protein biology including diagnostic serology. We have many international collaborations covering research that is relevant worldwide and has a significant impact on blood and transplant safety in the UK.
- Global approach to HBV infection in blood donors
- Impact of transfusion recipient immune status in risk of viral infection and reactivation
- Blood and transfusion safety in developing countries
- Virus – host interactions
- Diagnosis of blood borne viruses, assay development, standardisation and validation